The East Slovak Gallery is pleased to announce the official launch of the open call for the 2021 Exhibition Project. The call aims to support curators, artists, and artistic groups by providing space, institutional, financial and technical backing from the ESG´s professional team to organize an exhibition project.
We are now accepting exhibition proposals from academic and art circles through an electronic form. The gallery´s panel will select an exhibition project which will be presented in the exhibition hall C, inside the ESG building on Hlavná 27. The East Slovak Gallery does not impose any restrictions, but within its environmental policy priority will be given to projects with the least possible impact on the environment.
• The call is aimed for professional artists and curators.
• The proposals shall be submitted through an online application form along with the required attachments (professional CV, portfolio, in the case of collective exhibition a documentation of selected works, site specific projects - technical description, visualization or sketch of the project).
• The realization of the exhibition project will be possible in June, July, August 2021.
• The submitted proposal shall be original and new.
• The project will be realized through co-financing. ESG is reserving the right to determine the amount provided for the implementation of a successful project according to the financial budget for the year 2021. Co-financing includes artists´ fees, some material provision and marketing.
• 30 June 2020.
• The selection panel of the ESG is constituted by experts in the field of visual arts.
• A written notification of the decision of the committee will be send to every applicant within 3 months from the deadline.
• After successful selection, the project partner commits to fulfill all the agreed conditions by signing an agreement.
The East Slovak Gallery will provide the successful applicants with:
• Institutional background,
• exhibition space,
• technical equipment (projectors, TVs, players, etc.) within the gallery's capacities,
• guarding the exhibition,
• installation assistance,
• transport of works within the Slovak Republic and the Czech Republic,
• PR and marketing within our channels
• official confirmation of the partnership for further financial applications and other forms of co-financing.
During the exhibition, the East Slovak Gallery reserves the right to organize accompanying activities organized by the department of gallery pedagogy of the ESG (Children's camp, Creative labyrinth, guided tours, workshops, etc.)
Additional information for applicants
The floor plan of the exhibition space can be found at: https://vsg.sk/budovy/. At the same time, please note that the windows inside will be blinded and the wooden floor will be replaced by one-colored material.
In case of further questions, please contact Mgr. Michal Štofa, coordinator of exhibition projects by phone 0917835462, or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.